[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Donate CPU cycles to the OBS.
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 20:37:11 +0300
29.08.2015 20:01, jcsl пишет:
Hi.

Just as is done in scientific and other kind of projects, is it possible to
install a client that allows CPU cycles to be donated to the OBS? For
example,
my desktop is relatively powerful (Phenom 2 X6, 16 GB of RAM), and I
currently
don't perform intensive tasks on it. So I could donate those unused CPU
cycles
while you the computer is on.

Many users complain of not being able to contribute to the project for
various
reasons. I think this would be a way to contribute and help improve the
project because it would increase the processing power available for the
various tasks that the project encompasses.

Greetings.

I don't think that it is possible, because of security reasons. We must
trust the environment where packages are being built.

As far as you have full control over your hardware, you can intrude
build process and put malicious software into package.