Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "discarded" workers
  • From: Andrew Davidoff <davidoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 19:29:23 -0600
On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 3:26 AM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 04:09:22PM -0600, Andrew Davidoff wrote:
Thanks for the information. I'll dig into this a bit.

Regarding restarting a single worker that has become discarded, is
there a way to do this?

If the single worker is run in screen, you should be able to
^C the worker and then "resurrect" the window by pressing 'n'.

I just gave this a shot but I must be doing something wrong. I
switched to the screen window of the discarded worker and hit ^C,
which caused the worker to fully exit and closed that screen window
completely. Pressing 'n' from any other screen window simply types the
letter 'n', as you'd expect, and meta-n of course just cycles to the
next window. Do I misunderstand?

Thanks.
Andy