Re: [opensuse-buildservice] /usr/lib/debug/.build-id reported as unpackaged files

On Wednesday 2015-08-19 23:35, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

We exclude three man pages which are installed unintentionally.

The rule would still apply: if it should not be packaged at all, it
should be deleted in the install section. Man pages normally do not
cause this issue though when excluded... binaries do (and it's
generally a pain to find, so I'd simply recommend to never sue
%exclude, unless the file does go to a different package)

Expanding on that:

%exclude not only excludes the file, it also causes rpmbuild to
"untrack" and not report it -- the latter part is unwanted by most
developers though.

This is why rm in %install is preferable. Preferably even without -f,
so that one notices when the file is gone upstream.

(smells like wiki material ;-)