Re: [opensuse-buildservice] /usr/lib/debug/.build-id reported as unpackaged files
On Wed, 2015-08-19 at 23:26 +0200, Lars Müller wrote:
Hi Dominique,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 11:02:23PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger /
DimStar wrote:
On Wed, 2015-08-19 at 22:45 +0200, Lars Müller wrote:

the netwwork:samba:TESTING/samba project failed to build till we
added
an line with

%exclude /usr/lib/debug/.build-id

This is 100% wrong... there is another error inside your .spec
file.
Most likely, you're wrongly using %exclude against a
binary/library.

Thanks again for your polite feedback.

Did I offend you with my reply? Apologies if this sounded rude to you
(it does not to me, and was certainly not meant to be rude)

%exclude is ONLY suitable to exclude a file to be matched by a glob
AND
only if this said file ends up in a different sub-package.

Any other case, if the file is not to be packaged: rm it after it
has
been installed.

We exclude three man pages which are installed unintentionally.

The rule would still apply: if it should not be packaged at all, it
should be deleted in the install section. Man pages normally do not
cause this issue though when excluded... binaries do (and it's
generally a pain to find, so I'd simply recommend to never sue
%exclude, unless the file does go to a different package)

There might be something else broken. But who knows.

I can try to branch and remove the %exclude 'fix' added to see what
this gives.. but it will have to wait for tomorrow I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Dominique