Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Support for RHEL 7.1 ppc64LE platform
On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Priya Seth <seth.osc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

Hi,
I am new to the openSUSE:BuildService at , so please excuse me if my
questions are too basic.

I was referring to the information at:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_supported_build_targets

and it seems that RHEL 7.1 on ppc64le is currently not a supported by
this service. Do we have any plans of supporting this in the near
future?
Binaries are not imported as far I can see. Neither 7.1.

Adrian, are there any plans to import 7.1?

I was also trying to build a package (nginx) on Ubuntu 14.04 ppc64le
but the status is shown as "Excluded". Looks like there are no rules
to build a debian package. I tried uploading a source package for
nginx along with it .deb file in my project area and could build that
successfully, but had to build the upload and build the missing
dependencies recursively as well.

Is there any specific repository of packages that have been
tried/built on ppc64LE Ubuntu 14.04? Or would a package need to be
built from scratch along with all its dependencies (recursively?)? Is
there any document that can help understanding this?
Could you please provide project/package so I can see your
package/repository setup.
So far that works for me:
<repository name="u">
<path project="Ubuntu:14.04" repository="standard"/>
<arch>ppc64le</arch>
</repository>

Along with rpm spec file you need to have foo.dsc describing how to
build deb packages

Any help/pointers on this would be of great help.

Thanks!