[opensuse-buildservice] Please help with a problem I'm having with target-isns
Hi:

I created an OBS project in Base:System called target-isns several
months ago, imported from a public project of the same name.

It has been building fine for all targets (SLE_11_SP3, openSUSE_13.2,
and openSUSE_Factory) for a while now.

But recently the Factory builds are failing, and it looks like the
errors have to do with changes in the gcc library, particularly netdb.h.

For example, this code uses gai_strerror(3), which the man page on my
Factory system says is defined in netdb.h. This code includes netdb.h.
But this function is showing up as undefined, cause several problems.

What's the best way to fix this? It looks like the netdb.h file is part
of glibc-devel.

On my factory system, I have glibc-devel version 2.21, but it looks like
the build of my Factory RPM used version 2.22. I can see that the latest
glibc-devel version in OBS in 2.22, but how did the Factory system where
my RPM is being built end up with the wrong (too new) version? And how
to I ensure my build gets the right (older) version?

I tried setting "BuildRequires: glibc-devel = 2.21", but that did not work.

A Side Question: If I wanted to test on a local system using this newer
glibc-devel package, how would I go about it? I assume that there are
more than just one package that has to be updated to switch versions.
--
Lee Duncan
SUSE Labs