[opensuse-buildservice] Re: Updating a branch when parent got updated
On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Stanislav Baiduzhyi <baiduzhyi.devel@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Linking to other project automatically updates/rebuilds when the
parent package is updated, but when I'm choosing different target
distribution then the whole linked project gets rebuilt, which I do
not need and would like to avoid.

What do you mean with "choosing different target distribution"? Each
project has it's own set of repositories, independent from any other
project.

I'm trying to rebuild gnu_parallel from 'utilities' project for RHEL7
and CentOS7. I've tried following the guide on linking [0] but as soon
as I link the project to the 'utilities' project the entire
'utilities' with 137 or so packages gets rebuilt. I do not want to
rebuild entire project, I need only single package.

But if I will branch it then branched package will not be updated when
the parent package will update, is that correct? What is the best way
to keep them in sync?

[0]: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_project_linking