Re: [opensuse-buildservice] why scheduled tasks not run on ppc64le builders ?
On Monday 03 August 2015, 09:18:38 wrote Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger:
On Sun, 2015-08-02 at 22:46 +0200, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger
wrote:
On Sun, 2015-08-02 at 18:27 +0200, Normand wrote:
Hello there,

At least for hours there are three schedules tasks (1) that are not
dispatched on ppc64le builders (2)
Why scheduled tasks not run on ppc64le builders ?
Is there a scheduler problem in OBS ?
How to track the reason why those tasks are not processed ?

(1)
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:k0da:Power42?arch
_ppc64le=1&defaults=0&repo_standard=1&scheduled=1

I see the same in openSUSE Factory staging areas, like for example:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:E/gl
ib
-networking

The biggest worry is that even though I build disabled this package,
it
remain schedules; so there is 100% an issue with OBS picking up such
changes.

The dirty flag on the repository disappeared

This package currently has in the meta data:
<build>
<disable arch="ppc64le"/>
</build>

And status is scheduled for ppc64le... this can't but indicate an
issue
on the server side.

The package does not have a _constraints file, so any ppc worker
should
be able to pick it up.

Cheers,

So, Dinar's issue is different - but how can it be that a package that
has been marked build disabled in the meta for way > 24 hours is still
marked scheduled (and has been scheduled for a long time before,
without being picked up)?

The typical situation for this are worker constraints which can not be
fullfilled. Means the dispatcher never sees a worker which qualifies to
be able to build it. Eg. by requiring a cpu type which does not exist.

Unfortunatly, we do not have a propper error reporting for such dispatch
errors. It is planned though ...

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany