Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Passthrough option for binary-only RPMs
On Friday 26 June 2015, 15:28:20 wrote Till Dörges:
Hi all,

unfortunately I have some binary-only RPMs which I'd like to use just like
the normal
RPMs that our OBS builds (private instance).

There's no chance that the vendor will provide me with the sources or the
SRPM.

Ideally I'm looking for something like

osc add --binarypassthrough mybinary.rpm

And then I'd expect the file to be available unchanged at

http://private.instance.obs:82/project:/.../mybinary.rpm

From what I've found in the documentation and on the web such option doesn't
exist.
Is this correct? And if so, perhaps this is feature request worth considering?

Assuming that the option doesn't exist, is there a better way than trying to
dissect
the binary-only RPM with rpm2cpio etc. and then feeding that into OBS?

you could commit them as source and just copy them to the rpm-build output
directory
inside of a spec file beside.

This has the advantage that the rpms are part of the commit history at least.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany