[opensuse-buildservice] Debian package fails to build because of different line endings in patch
  • From: Timotheus Pokorra <timotheus@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 09:32:41 +0200
Hello,

I am trying to build MonoDevelop for Debian on OBS.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:tpokorra:mono/monodevelop-opt

Somehow, the source tarball is not clean, and there is a mess about
the line endings when it comes to applying a patch.
It seems, on normal Debian, the package still builds fine.
But on OBS, I get these errors:

[ 374s] patching file src/addins/AspNet/Properties/MonoDevelop.AspNet.addin.xml
[ 374s] Hunk #1 FAILED at 1 (different line endings).
[ 374s] Hunk #2 FAILED at 202 (different line endings).
[ 374s] Hunk #3 FAILED at 216 (different line endings).
[ 374s] 3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
src/addins/AspNet/Properties/MonoDevelop.AspNet.addin.xml.rej

In the spec file, I usually do a dos2unix
src/addins/AspNet/Properties/MonoDevelop.AspNet.addin.xml before
applying the patch, and that works fine.

Is there something similar for Debian? Some step in debian.rules
before applying the patches?
Or can I pass a parameter --ignore-all-space to patch in debian.series?
Or do you have any other ideas?

In the worst case, I guess I have to upload a patched tarball.

Thanks for any hints,
Timotheus