Re: [opensuse-buildservice] auto-incrementing deb versions
On Thu, 21 May 2015 15:56:31 +0100
Marcin Wojdyr <wojdyr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
OBS increments automatically the "Release" part of version in RPMs.
In debs, as it is documented, the version needs to be increased
manually before each rebuilding. Is there a way to automate it?

I brought this up to adrian already and he told me he will look into
it. but it will basically break the signature of signed .dsc files.

And a related question: is there a way to add distro-specific tag to
the version, ideally using a common dsc file? A tag such as "~trusty"
as in Ubuntu PPAs.

for rpms yes. but not for dsc. might be doable when we switch to modify
the release tag of the dsc file.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux