Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: packages used to build
On Sonntag, 17. Mai 2015, 19:33:57 wrote Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Am 17.05.2015 um 19:25 schrieb Andreas Schwab:
Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

ok, in that case can you please be a bit more verbose where the issue is
actually?

There is no issue, it's just the way it works.

aehm, no. When I build against a certain (update)project I want to get
the latest (read highest version number) packages in my build
environment. I don't think this is a wrong expectation.

imagine you have two repos providing the same package, but with
different config settings.

Depending on the build numbers you would get sometimes the package
with feature X and sometimes not. It is a nightmare to debug
sideeffects of that...

However, in the maintenance release projects always the package
from the highest incident number should be taken.

This is the case from what I see in your example, version
openssl-1.0.0m-18.53.1.x86_64.rpm from

openSUSE:Evergreen:11.4 openssl.289

is taken when using openSUSE:Evergreen:11.4 standard x86_64
repo is used.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham
Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany