Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: submitting a _link
On Tue, May 12, Adrian Schröter wrote:

On Dienstag, 12. Mai 2015, 09:06:33 wrote Olaf Hering:
Why does sr use the sources from the linked prj instead of what was
requested, the src prj?
How exactly did you create the request?

obs sr --no-update --update-link \
-m http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2015-05/msg00041.html \
devel:languages:ocaml
I suppose you have not specified any revision, but let the api create
one via addrevision option?

Yes, why would I want to specify a revision if I want to submit the
state that is used for building a package? Thats cumbersome.

I have change the api code now, that it checks in this situation now
for the updatelink option. Only when it is not set it is using the
expanded revision.

I guess a better UI would to to have --use-expanded-sources and
--use-unexpanded-sources to avoid all doubt. And to work per default
with whatever the BS itself will use to build the pkg. If one really
wants to submit something else --revision=N already exists.

Olaf