Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Macro issue for SLES 11 builds?
Hi,

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 01:02:14PM -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:

On 05/06/2015 05:25 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Andreas Schwab
<schwab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

%doc says "Copy the specified file from the source tree to
/usr/share/doc/packages/<my_package> and include it in the
RPM"

%doc doesn't copy anything for an absolute name, it merely sets
the doc flag for that file.

Is there any end-user value in:

%doc %{_mandir}/man1/*

over

%{_mandir}/man1/*

None of my packages use %doc to tag man pages as documentation and
I haven't noticed on other spec files either.

The advantage would be that the man page is not installed when one
installs with the --excludedocs. If the man page is not marked as
documentation it will always be installed.

man pages are automatically installed as documentation. That's why this
extra %doc isn't required.

You're able to verify this with the help of rpm -ql -d

That's also the motivation of

Cheers,

Lars
--