Re: [opensuse-buildservice] catch 22 - cannot decline request to delete repository in web ui
On Wed, 06 May 2015 14:33:33 -0400
"Brian K. White" <brian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/6/2015 2:31 PM, Brian K. White wrote:
I logged in to build.opensuse.org today, and discovered that yet
another mass-deletion threat has been issued, and I almost missed
it.

I currently have 38 remove requests, and each one says it will be
removed automatically in a couple of weeks if I don't respond to the
request by declining it.

When I try to decline it, I just get an error page that says:
"403: Forbidden
Sorry but you don't have the necessary permissions for this
request. We think it's best if you try to start again from the home
page."

I need to decline these requests or I need them to be revoked
before the axe falls on them.

How often will these dead-man switch purges go out? I have a lot of
old repos for a reason. The logic in the message:
"This repository builds against a distribution which is not
officially maintained anymore by its vendor. Therefore it should
not be used anymore." ...is an invalid and rude assumption.

I have to maintain packages myself precisely BECAUSE they are "not
maintained any more by it's vendor".

Sorry I forgot to paste some links to the actual requests

https://build.opensuse.org/user/show/aljex

This should be working now. Reported on IRC and fixed within minutes
by darix.

Thanks,
Peter