[opensuse-buildservice] Re: questions re: creating & building minimal project/spec file
  • From: "Dmitriy Perlow" <dap@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:54:06 +0300
PGNd <dev@xxxxxxx> Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:28:54 +0300:

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015, at 01:21 PM, Dmitriy Perlow wrote:
> In the openssl.spec is it sufficient to 'require cryptdev', so that the
> LOCAL-to-the-subproject pkg is always used/referenced?

It should be sufficient. But may be cryptodev-devel?..

Good point. Thanks.

I'm also considering separately namespacing my pkgs. They'll sometimes be parallel-installed with similar pkgs from distibution.

In my case, e.g., then

pkg name == pngd-openssl

rather than

pkg name == openssl

On a local obs-instance I can of course do what I choose. I don't yet know what policy, if any, exists on online-OBS.

Are there any guidelines or restrictions on namespacing at @obs? Iiuc, publishing within a home:<user> project serves as sufficient isolation -- with appropriate warnings -- from mistaken public use, but does not necessarily cleanly avoid collisions when used.

In particular, are lsb namespaces guidelines and registration, per LANANA (http://www.lanana.org/lsbreg/instructions.html) mandated?

https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Build_Service
https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Packaging
https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Development

I see it like

home:username:sub-|
|-packagename-|
|-packagename.spec-|
|-libsonamesoversion
|-packagename
|-packagename-devel

Where packagename is upstream name or executable name if there is only one. Lots of errors and warnings are got usually by new packager, so you could just read and resolve them.

NB! Python and other languages require different name scheme.

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy DA(P).DarkneSS Perlow @ Linux x64