[opensuse-buildservice] Re: questions re: creating & building minimal project/spec file
  • From: "Dmitriy Perlow" <dap@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:21:28 +0300
PGNd <dev@xxxxxxx> Fri, 24 Apr 2015 23:02:20 +0300:

Questions re: two instances,

(1) I need to build a cryptodev package as a prereq. It'll source both some include files for this openssl, and a kernel module.

I'll publish both my cryptodev and openssl pkgs in the same OBS subproject.

In the openssl.spec is it sufficient to 'require cryptdev', so that the LOCAL-to-the-subproject pkg is always used/referenced?

It should be sufficient. But may be cryptodev-devel?..

(2) For the kernel-module, I want it built against sources from the KernelStable repos.

I added

BuildRequires: kernel-desktop-devel

to the spec, and added

Kernel_stable_standard to my porject's "Repositories of home:pgnd:usrlocal-stack"

but at build, it sources from 13.2 repos, not from KernelStable

(openSUSE:13.2) kernel-default-devel- 100% |==================| 2.5 MB 00:11
(openSUSE:13.2) kernel-devel-3.16.6-2 100% |==================| 10 MB 00:17
(openSUSE:13.2) kernel-macros-3.16.6- 100% |==================| 515 kB 00:00

What's the syntax in an osc build project to force preference of a pkg dep from a different/specific repo?

The different build target was added to your home subproject not a 13.2 target extension. So you should build against Kernel_stable_standard not openSUSE_13.2 or merge them at https://build.opensuse.org/project/meta/home:pgnd:usrlocal-stack f.e.:
<repository name="openSUSE_13.2">
<path project="Kernel:stable" repository="standard"/>
<path project="openSUSE:13.2" repository="standard"/>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>
I don't really remember if "openSUSE:13.2" has to be strictly at the bottom of list.

--
Best regards,
Dmitriy DA(P).DarkneSS Perlow @ Linux x64