Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: osc bl downloads wrong log file
On Mittwoch, 15. April 2015, 13:13:32 wrote Ruediger Meier:
On Wednesday 15 April 2015, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 15. April 2015, 12:34:49 wrote Ruediger Meier:
On Wednesday 15 April 2015, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Mittwoch, 15. April 2015, 12:12:32 wrote Ruediger Meier:
On Wednesday 15 April 2015, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> writes:
This gives me a logfile from yesterday:
$ cd rudi_m:ul-all/ul-plain
$ osc bl openSUSE_13.1_ports ppc

But it was rebuilt today a few times already.

This is by design.

I see, but this is very confusing when you just want to watch
the log to see whether the expected BuildRequires were
installed or whether the tests were running or whatever.

Yesterday I have updated certain "BuildRequires" and there is
no way to check whether the right version was actually used for
build.

use "osc buildinfo .... | grep $your_package" to find out which
one gets used.

Hm, this is the buildinfo which would be used for the next build. I
still can't proove that my package has already survived a build
with this config.

then download the _buildenv file which is stored along with the
builds.

And this is really from the last build?

no, but what do you want here?

Either the description of the available build which matches to binary and
logfile?

or what would happen with current config?

Storing any random in-between situations do not make any sense to me.

why do you think that the build log would differ much when the
result is actually the same?

For example because I have an advanced %check section which runs
different tests dependent on what the build host supports. It always
run different tests on xen, kvm or whatever machines. Sometimes loading
kernel modules is supported, somethimes not, etc.

Once a check fails I always have the same questions:

Was this a random/racy fail?
Was this check ever successful on a similar build host.
What is the difference between the last failed and the last successful
build(s).

okay, I see.

I don't understand how could you find the benefit of full buildlog
history questionable.

well, I find it questionable to have a different build log not matching to the
build result.

If you want to introduce an entire history for build results, that would be
fine.
But that would be a new OBS feature.

Look how nice this looks for other build
machineries which I'm using:
https://travis-ci.org/rudimeier/util-linux/builds

has different problems, the build environment is permanently changing
there and you can not reproduce it.... we use it also :)

https://drone.io/github.com/rudimeier/util-linux

cu,
Rudi

Maxfeldstraße 5