Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How does obs manage the packages and projects files in backend?
  • From: "Zhangjian (Bamvor)" <bamvor.zhangjian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 22:59:59 +0800

On 2015/4/1 15:00, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Dienstag, 31. März 2015, 22:37:11 wrote Rick Liu:
Hi Andrian,

When using source services (such as download_url or gbs),
are files (like _service:recompress:tar_scm:obs-build-20150320.tar.gz brought in through
source services) still stored under "/obs/sources"?
or only "_service" file itself stored under "obs/sources"?

source service generate files are committed in the same way as user commits
files.
To avoid conflicts these files have therefore the _service: prefix, which can
not be modified directly by the user.

Also does "/obs/trees" store the md5sum record for only "_service" file
or "/obs/trees" also include the md5sum record for files that brought in
through source services, such as _service:recompress:tar_scm:obs-build-20150320.tar.gz?

/obs/trees contains all files. Most important ones are the ...-MD5SUMS files,
which
list the files which are part of a commit. This file contains the file names and
their md5sums. And also the special /SERVICE tag refering to source service
generated files.
how and where does obs store the project relative file? Sorry, I do not have the
obs server in my hand.

Can you give me some insight why this is important for you? Do you plan to
work on some code here? We could maybe share efforts, since we have also the
git(/svn/..) mirroring on our agenda ...
Is there details about this plan?
I found an old GSoC project about this[1]. Is it the similar ideas?

regards

bamvor

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_GitSupport

thanks