From: Adrian Schröter [mailto:adrian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 4:32 AM
To: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Bamvor Jian Zhang; Dingtianhong
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How does obs manage the packages and
projects files in backend?

On Samstag, 28. März 2015, 18:02:57 wrote Bamvor Jian Zhang:
Hi, guys

I am trying to build the internal build service as well as integrate the
build service with our development flow. Currently, our packages are
maintained in svn and git.
I want to learn that how does suse manage the packages and projects in build
service backend. E.g. What happened in obs server after osc commit? I do not
mean that how does the build service fetch the code through service.

The only way to let OBS fetching sources are currently source services.
These are small modules which can either run on client or server side.

The source service server process is responsible to run them on server side.
You can find some bits of docu here:

http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.source_service.html

And an example here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/OBS:Server:Unstable/build

This way works and can even be triggered without credentials, however it stores
for every commit a new tar ball. So not very optimized disk usage wise. We want
to improve that in future by mirroring git/svn/... and create the tar ball
during build time.

I heard from irc that suse use some sort of file based method to do this. If
it is true, where could I find feature lists and/or source code?

Not sure what you mean with "file based" here, the storage on the source server?

bye
adrian

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg