[opensuse-buildservice] Bootstrapping a private OBS instance
Hello all,
I installed a private OBS instance for a customer, but I'm having a couple of
problems bootstrapping it.

I followed section 5.2.2 from here:
http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-best-practices/cha.obs.best-practices.bootstrapping.html
and imported the SUSE:SLE-12:GA project successfully. I did place the :full
directory with the binary RPMs stripped of their versions as instructed, but a
repository rescan only gives me this:

event wipenotyet SUSE:SLE-12:GA standard
2015-03-25 11:38:20: waiting for an event...
event scanrepo SUSE:SLE-12:GA standard
reading packages of repository SUSE:SLE-12:GA/standard
scanning repo SUSE:SLE-12:GA/standard...
2015-03-25 11:38:20: looking at high prio SUSE:SLE-12:GA/standard (0/0/2/0/3)
- SUSE:SLE-12:GA/standard
expanding dependencies
sorting 2320 packages
disabled: 2320
building: 0, notready: 0, unfinished: 0
took 0 seconds to check the packages

I can't seem to make it recognize the binary packages at all. Any ideas? If I
add this repository to my home dir, I only get "unresolvable" errors if I try
to compile a package.

BTW, if anyone wants, I wrote a bash script to import the source packages
gradually (e.g. only the packages missing locally) from one OBS to another. The
method suggested in the docs will eventually duplicate revisions locally if the
process is stopped somewhere in the middle. And it does happen if you don't
have the same user groups for a package, for example.

Erico Mendonça
Dedicated Support Engineer

(Work)+55 (61) 8594-9557
(Main) +55 (11) 3345-3900