Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Oldest (instead of newest) RPM chosen from update repository
Hi,

thanks for your mail.

Am 25.03.2015 um 10:16 schrieb Adrian Schröter:

I've got a private OBS instance running with both the openSUSE 13.1 and a
corresponding Update repository configured.

OBS version is 2.6. All services/daemons are running on a single server with
openSUSE
13.1 (x86_64).

The repositories are local. The 13.1 repo has been copied to the OBS server.
The
13.1-Update repo has been configured as download on demand according to
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance_boot_strapping#Use_Repository_Binary_Download_On_Demand_.28DOD.29

It now seems that OBS uses the *oldest* RPM which it can find in the update
repository, instead of the latest.

please do not use download on demand for update repos.

Can't you use the standard OBS interconnect mechanism instead here?

I'm not sure, because I don't really know, what that is. -> Pointer would be
appreciated.

A quick search came up empty
(http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-reference-guide/cha.obs.concepts.html#idm140674038303104
does contain a chapter "2.3 The OBS Interconnect", but it's empty).

I'm guessing that "interconnect" means that our private OBS should have a
connection
to build.opensuse.org for the repositories.

If I'm correct that is unfortunately not an option, because the private OBS
instance
in question is rather restricted w.r.t. to its allowed communication.

Thanks -- Till
--
Dipl.-Inform. Till Dörges doerges@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. +49 - 40 - 244 2407 - 14