Re: [opensuse-buildservice] language corrections to Reference Guide (DocBook)

Good Morning Martin,

On Dienstag, 24. März 2015, 21:25:16 wrote Martin A. Brown:

Hello,

I have used OBS. I like OBS very much. I might even have advocated
(or even evangelized) for a private instance of the OBS at some
point in my life. I now have some time to spend on improving
language and other aspects of the reference guide.

For now, I have limited myself to spelling errors, minor word choice
corrections and removing any linguistic awkwardness in English (not
everybody's native language). I have cloned the obs-docu repo from
github.com and will happily pass my contributions along.

already merged .... thanks a lot!

I plan to:

* beef up the section on concepts
* provide at least one (detailed?) example of a prj and prjconf

All of that is very welcome :)

However, you may want to draft something briefly to get some feedback
about the structure before spending too much time...

I might:

* spend some time on the description of the build environment and
execution

I'm open to other suggestions for additions--and, in particular, if
there's stuff that has flown by here or is in the wiki that should
be included, please let me know.

On my personal list is to integrate this

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_project_linking

into the book because I have to answer that frequently :)

Please be aware that some of the wiki pages are plain wrong(meanwhile) or not
IMHO not the good way to do something. Esp. regarding cross build
and source handling.

I am happy to help here as well of course to get this right.

And, finally, is this the appropriate venue for questions about the
reference documentation [0]?

It is the right place. Either here or on #opensuse-buildservice channel
on freenode.

-Martin

[0] Did you like how I waited until the end to ask if this was the
right place? ;)

yep :)

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg