[opensuse-buildservice] Re: bootstrapping/building a distro w/OBS
On Mon 09 Mar 2015 04:18:45 PM CDT, Darin Perusich wrote:

Hello All,

Is there any documentation on how to build or bootstrap a distro with
OBS? Basically what I'd like to do is create an "open" version of
SLES, like Centos, because I feel it's something that is sorely
missing and would help widen the adoption of SuSE in environments
where users want the stability of an enterprise distribution but are
not necessarily willing to purchase a support agreement, with the
exception of "critical" systems.

Any information would be appreciated, and I'm more than willing to
take such a discussion "off-list" so as to not upset the powers that
be at SuSE. I know that SuSE puts a lot of effort into creating and
maintain SLE, and IMO openSUSE/SLES are the best distro's out there!
This is just something I've wanted to see for a very long time and
it's been bouncing around my head a lot recently so I figured I'd give
it to go ;-)

Thanks!

--
Later,
Darin

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.12.36-38-default