Re: [opensuse-buildservice] SLE11 enablement helper repository
On Friday 06 March 2015, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
Hello,

While checking and helping set up another helper for sle11 builds on
devel projects I noticed each of the projects does it by its own and
even if it is almost the same in result, the methods to achieve it
are slightly different.

What would be really nice is to have some project
"SLE11:BuildEnablement" which would link on the required new packages
(automake, autoconf, cmake...) and set properly all the required
projectconfig stuff:

Like setting aliases for pkgconfig -> devel package or properly
fixing some bugs that were never backported in rpm macros.

After this would be set-up then we could adjust all the develprojects
to inherit from this project, rather than do it each on its own...

Would this be desired and would anybody be willing to work on this?

I had started such thing for my own needs in home:rudi_m:bldchn
Currently I have only these binaries:

openSUSE_11.4
automake-1.12.6-1.3.noarch.rpm
autoconf-2.69-43.1.noarch.rpm
m4-1.4.17-47.1.i586.rpm

SLE_11_SP3
automake-1.11.1-8.1.noarch.rpm

In past I had more packages there but I decided to just reduce
BuildRequires for my other packages to avoid the need of
auconf/automake at all.

cu,
Rudi