[opensuse-buildservice] Publish behavior WRT running package builds
  • From: Andrew Davidoff <davidoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 15:27:37 -0700
Hi,

I seem to have discovered that project repository publish events block
so long as there are non broken (ie: scheduled, building, delayed,
blocked) builds outstanding for the repo. This means that if two
builds run and one for some reason takes a very long time, the shorter
build won't publish until the longer one completes. I believe this is
done in an attempt to keep the repository state non-broken with regard
to dependencies.

Is this correct, and if so, are there plans to only make publishes
block if the running builds definitely relate to those that are
complete and waiting to be published? It seems that now there is no
attempt to make this determination.

Thanks.
Andy