Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc, disable spec file auto format
On Friday 13 February 2015, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2015, 18:56:07 wrote Dimstar / Dominique
Leuenberger:
On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 18:26 +0100, Ruediger Meier wrote:
BTW if you have a clean working copy, then "osc commit" even
commits auto-changes without any possibility to review and
abort it. You can reproduce it easily:
$ osc branch Base:System/util-linux
$ osc co home:xxx:branches:Base:System/util-linux
$ cd home:xxx:branches:Base:System/util-linux
$ osc commit
... and it commits broken spec files without commit message

The issue lies in BROKEN spec file; and THAT part is what needs
to be reported so it can be fixed;

You may take my "BTW ..." paragraph as one bug report if you
want.

But it does not describe in what way the .spec file breaks - the
fact that it commits something after you asked it to (using osc
commit) is not a defect in the spec-formatter.

In any case, I agree that such a bug needs to be fixed instead of
just skipping some code.

It's unfixable. Old versions of "obs-service-format_spec_file" (the ones
we have in any stable openSUSE release) will always revert spec files
which were formatted by newer fixed versions. You see these kind of
stupidly commited changes in many osc logs. It's a pain for any
reviewer.

It is the decision of the project owners who
have this services configured. And you can not submit a package to
factory either which violates other guidelines there either ...

So the project owner of one single project forces me to have a certain
spec-formatter installed. And then this spec-formatter runs by default
on any other project I want to contribute too. How stupid is that?

For example prepare_spec always adds a line like
"# Copyright (c) 2015 SUSE LINUX GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany."
How can it add a SUSE Copyright to my own code?

Anyway you said the "It is the decision of the project owners ...". So I
ask a bit different. What is the correct way to decide this? How can I
disable it for all _my_own_ projects "home:rudi_m:*".

cu,
Rudi