Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc, disable spec file auto format
On Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2015, 18:56:07 wrote Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger:
On Thu, 2015-02-12 at 18:26 +0100, Ruediger Meier wrote:
BTW if you have a clean working copy, then "osc commit" even
commits auto-changes without any possibility to review and abort
it. You can reproduce it easily:
$ osc branch Base:System/util-linux
$ osc co home:xxx:branches:Base:System/util-linux
$ cd home:xxx:branches:Base:System/util-linux
$ osc commit
... and it commits broken spec files without commit message ...

The issue lies in BROKEN spec file; and THAT part is what needs to be
reported so it can be fixed;

You may take my "BTW ..." paragraph as one bug report if you want.

But it does not describe in what way the .spec file breaks - the fact
that it commits something after you asked it to (using osc commit) is
not a defect in the spec-formatter.

In any case, I agree that such a bug needs to be fixed instead of just
skipping some code. It is the decision of the project owners who
have this services configured. And you can not submit a package to
factory either which violates other guidelines there either ...

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany