Re: [opensuse-buildservice] checking whether a person is owner of a package
On Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 13:48:36 wrote Stephan Kulow:
On 26.01.2015 13:39, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 13:24:32 wrote Ludwig Nussel:
Adrian Schröter schrieb:
On Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 11:51:03 wrote Ludwig Nussel:
To find out who are the owners of a package there's the
/search/owner?binary=PKG call. Part of the result could be group
though.
If I wanted to know whether a specific user is owner of the given
package, am I expected to retrieve the group information and check
whether the user is member of each group? Is there maybe a better suited
call that would do that for me on server side?

not yet, we could add some expand option which is including also the
groups
of a user if wanted.

However, I am not sure if that is really the best way for your problem.
Let's talk about what you want to do exactly....

The use case is one of the maintenance review bots that checks if the
package was submitted or reviewed by one of the package owners.

And why is that important for the bot?

I mean, if this is not the case, there will be an extra review in the
request for the package owners. So isn't this already handled inside of OBS?

Maintainer in the source is not the same as the maintainer in the
target. I'm maintainer of home:coolo/bash, that doesn't make me a good
maintenance update creator bash.

right ... okay, I will add that proposed option later on. Create an
issue/bug/fate
if you want to be sure that I do not forget.

Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany