[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse] please replace/repair the packages made previously availble in patch openSUSE-2015-42

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 05:47 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* grantksupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <grantksupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-21-15 20:24]:
On Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 05:10 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
an answer to this question/demand was posted to list in the last several
hours. The zypper package was "broken" and slipped bye.

Thanks.

For anyone interested, found it here:

Imo, we have too many lists, &/or no clear guidance/policy where breakage
like this is announced; you'd think that if a patch/update is announced on
opensuse-updates, then any change/breakage/rollback to it should also be
posted there.

Also re-raises old questions of why/how it's allowed to push & publish
updates before a stable, non-broken state is verified, AND that once done,
there's no "current-1" snapshot, or other backup, to rollback to. Other
topics ...

You do realize that your post is private, not to the list, or both lists
against list netiquette.

You do realize that your post is private, not to the list, or both lists
against list netiquette.

Seriously?

Well, gee-willikers -- my bad for just clicking "Reply to all ..." oh wait.

Then again -- maybe you shouldn't have first responded to ME only "against list
nettiquette":

------