[opensuse-buildservice] Aggregated packages: Why broken only in one subproject?
  • From: Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:31:37 +0100

Hi everyone,

to avoid obs-service-tar_scm getting built multiple times, I
aggregated it into several subprojects in my home. And in one of them
it is broken for openSUSE_Factory_ARM, in others this is shown as
succeeded.

Broken:
home:ojkastl_buildservice:lxc-git_snapshot/obs-service-tar_scm

vs.

Succeeded:
home:ojkastl_buildservice:lxc_1.0.x--git_snapshot/obs-service-tar_scm

In two other subprojects, it is also broken for SLE12:GA. Which is
shown as succeeded in the two projects with broken Factory_ARM.
home:ojkastl_buildservice:LXC:LXC_Vanilla_stable-1.1_git_snapshot
home:ojkastl_buildservice:LXC:LXC_Vanilla_stable-1.0_git_snapshot

I then linked it into another subproject, and there it builds fine for
Factory_ARM.

I would guess, that as openSUSE:Tools is not build against
Factory_ARM, the aggregate fails/is broken. But why only in some projects?

And, funny fact: Although it is broken, the lxc package which uses the
tar_scm-service builds fine.

Maybe someone can enlighten me. Hints and tricks on how to save obs
capacity (aggregate? link? Link to one of my projects and aggregate
from there?) are also highly appreciated...

Confused,
Johannes

P.S.: And just in case: Do not wonder why there are identical lxc
packages on the mentioned repos, I'm cleaning up and am restructuring
my home project and its subprojects...
- --
The Alchemist's Guild is opposite the Gambler's Guild. Usually.
Sometimes it's above it, or below it, or falling in bits around it.
(Terry Pratchett: Men At Arms)