Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How publish a package
  • From: Eric Schirra <ecsos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 11:22:03 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 31. Dezember 2014, 10:46:29 schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
On Tuesday 30 December 2014 12.59:38 Lars Müller wrote:
Hi Eric,

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 12:06:47PM +0100, Eric Schirra wrote:
i search, but i not found any howto that describe how i can publish a
package from my home to an 'official' place.

You need to find a fitting devel project for your package. The wiki has
a description

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_Devel_Project

Or what i must do that the package i showing under /repositories other
than my home-repo.

As soon as you found a project you ask one of the current owners to make
you a maintainer of this project too as you like to maintain your
software at this place.

Cheers,

Lars

or at least being maintainer for yours packages, at the beginning :-)

could be asked during the osc sr (or by the webui)

Okay.
I would detail it.
I have a package in my home-repo. This package doesn't exist only in my home-
repo. I want it to put in an right place under the right project in
repositories.
Is the right way, that i klick "request a role addition" under that projekt
that i think is right?

Second question.
That package was need to build a new version in another package that i have
branched and change. But i think my new package should not place at location
of the changed package.
What must i do?
1. request a role
2. than make request of change package and descripe that it needs a link to
new package

Is this the right way?

regards
Eric