Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Recent documentation on using tar_scm with git?
  • From: "Dmitriy Perlow" <dap@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 06:59:28 +0300
Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 07 Dec 2014 23:47:31 +0300:

Good Evening everybody,

is there any documentation available on how to use tar_scm to build
the HEAD of a git repository on obs?

I find lots of old stuff, lots of mixtures between using packages on
the opensuse build server or on a private one. But none of the answer
the first couple of questions I have:

I was able to create a _service file, and it seems to get the sources
and create a tar. I even get it to compress it, but is this step
deprecated? Or not?

What other options exist for the service file? I can set a
versionprefix, but what else is there?

Im sure there will be some more question soon, so I would appreciate
if anyone knows a up-to-date tutorial or wiki or similar. I'd like to
rtfm... ;-)

Regards,
Johannes

Hello!