Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build C++ Files for different distributions

On December 1, 2014 10:24:18 AM EST, Dmitriy Perlow <dap@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Tobias Lauterbach <tol@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Mon, 01 Dec 2014 13:13:47 +0300:

Nevertheless the next step would be to use open build service
locally.
What I don’t understand:
I only found information how to do the build process locally, but it

seems that I still need to upload my files to the openSuse Servers.
Is that correct? Or is it possible to work fully offline without
communicating with any servers?

You can't work fully offline because repo information every osc build
is
updated. Of course there is --offline mode but the first has to be
online.
However you can upload nothing to OBS.

For clarity you can at a minimum:

osc mkpac
Place tarball, spec file, etc. In local package folder
osc add *
osc build

Then copy the rpms out of the chroot jail they are built in and publish them
however you plan to do that.

The only negative I see is if you ever run "osc commit" it will push your
source code out to a public site, so if the source is something you keep highly
secure that might be too big a risk.

There may also be ways you can can build directly without osc. I've never
directly invoked build.

Greg