RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Build C++ Files for different distributions
Ok

On December 1, 2014 5:13:47 AM EST, Tobias Lauterbach <tol@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi again!

It seems like I have at least one mistake in my debian build
instructions, I get the following error on debian builds:
"parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't call method "as_string" on an
undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 250, <STDIN>
line 11."

This is my directory:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:tol_qosmotec/helloWorld

You only have one debian control file. It takes at least 2. This is the
example project Marc-Antoine posted:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:MarcAntoineArnaud/avt-test

Note the debian.* files.

Nevertheless the next step would be to use open build service locally.

Via osc? Or to setup your own private instance of OBS.

What I don’t understand:
I only found information how to do the build process locally, but it
seems that I still need to upload my files to the openSuse Servers.
Is that correct? Or is it possible to work fully offline without
communicating with any servers?

With your own instance of OBS you definitely don't need to upload the sources.
I think a lot of people that run their own OBS instance link the core
repositories with the reference instance (build.opensuse.org). Linking the
core repositories simplifies admin on your side.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance

With osc there is the --offline option, but I have never used it in total
isolation from build.opensuse.org. ie. I've only used when OBS was unavailable
for some reason.

Thank you again for your help so far,
tol

Good luck