Re: [opensuse-buildservice] bogofilter-sqlite (was Re: new package based on the existing one)
Hi Gour,

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:49:21PM +0100, Gour wrote:
On Sat, 29 Nov 2014 08:52:33 +0100
Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you want to modify a package (e.g. do a version update) and want to
get these changes into the repository/project where the package is
from, then branch is your friend.

Otherwise, as the others said, osc copypac creates a completely
independent package, that has the same state and history as the
package you copy from.

I want(ed) to create new package bogofilter-sqlite which is based on
bogofilter but uses Sqlite3 database as storage back-end instead of
default 'db' one.

I did as advised and here is the package which works for me - I'm using
it with Claws-mail with its bogofilter plugin.

Result is here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:gour/bogofilter-sqlite

First I was changing spec file and submitting via web, then I did build
package locally and commit.

Please, advice/correct me!!

Maybe there is a better way to approach your goal by reusing the
existing server:mail/bogofilter project.

It should be possible to have server:mail/bogofilter-sqlite which links
against server:mail/bogofilter and has a special package configuration
in place. This setting would lead to the required
--with-database=sqlite and the required BuildRequires: sqlite3-devel
instead of db-devel

The opposite we would set for the bogofilter package to keep the current
default database.

This approach would also prevent you from losing the ifarch arm setting
later in the existing bogofilter spec file.

I've not used the OBS meta pkg feature - set via osc meta command line -
to solve an issue like this. Hints are highly welcome.

Cheers,

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]