Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build-compare forces republish for new commit and new rpm
Am 14.11.2014 19:05, schrieb Olaf Hering:

If the source changed there is some URL in some tag. The release itself looks meaningless. But there are likely packages that rely on a certain release number.
So your use case is a commit that didn't change the sources but just the checkin counter?
I'm worried about the kernels where kernel-syms requires that all kernel flavors have the
same checkin counter.

What do you mean with "if the rpm is complete"? There is an existing
package, and its fine and usable. If the new rpm does something new to a
package, who cares? If its important a to-be-added check in
build-compare may catch it.
Well, me as factory manager cares that that Factory actually gets new features of new rpm versions.
It might be an important improvement.

Greetings, Stephan