[opensuse-buildservice] How do I go about packaging Bitwig Studio?
I've never really tried packaging anything before, but I'd really like
to make Bitwig Studio available. I've successfully converted Bitwig
Studio from .deb using alien. I also found a Fedora guy who has been
building RPM for it, and I'll attach his spec file. If I understand
his .spec, it'd require the inclusion of the .deb which if I remember we
aren't allowed to put proprietary software in OBS. This is a very
impressive piece of software, so I'd like some guidance.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Project

License: EULA
Source0: http://downloads.bitwig.com/%{name}-%{version}.deb

BuildRequires: dpkg
Requires: xcb-util-wm

%global __requires_exclude_from
^(/opt/bitwig-studio/bin/.*\\.so|/opt/bitwig-studio/bin/jre/lib/amd64/headless/.*\\.so|/opt/bitwig-studio/bin/jre/lib/amd64/jli/.*\\.so|/opt/bitwig-studio/bin/jre/lib/amd64/server/.*\\.so|/opt/bitwig-studio/bin/jre/lib/amd64/.*\\.so|/opt/bitwig-studio/bin/jre/lib/amd64/xawt/.*\\.so|/opt/bitwig-studio/bin/vamp-plugins/.*\\.so)$

%description
Bitwig Studio is a dynamic software solution for music creation and performance
to realize all of your musical ideas in every stage
of production.

From sound design to music creation, discover the new standard in customized
workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires you to take greater
control of your productions, giving you access to every aspect of your workflow
as needed. Streamline your creative process and
quickly take your music from ideas to complete songs, tracks and compositions.
With Bitwig Studio, you’re in command of a workflow
that works best for you.

Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once. Choose between
several display profiles. Design your own sounds
with dedicated container devices. Combine built-in instruments, effects, and
VST plug-ins. Bitwig Studio’s unified mapping system
allows you to modulate any device or VST parameter using macro controls and
modulator devices.
Explore a new world of creative possibilities, including audio and note
expressions, histogram-based value editing, layered editing,
extensive bounce-in-place functions, automatic slicing, smart controller
integration, and the Open Controller Scripting API. Every
feature in Bitwig Studio was developed by musicians, for musicians. Welcome to
the next generation of music creation and performance
software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.

%prep

%build

%install
dpkg -x %{_sourcedir}/%{name}-%{version}.deb %{buildroot}

# put things into place
mkdir -m 755 -p %{buildroot}/usr/local/{bin,share}
mv %{buildroot}/usr/bin %{buildroot}/usr/local/
mv %{buildroot}/usr/share %{buildroot}/usr/local/
mv %{buildroot}/usr/local/share/icons/gnome
%{buildroot}/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor

%post
touch --no-create %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor &>/dev/null || :

%postun
if [ $1 -eq 0 ] ; then
touch --no-create %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor &>/dev/null
gtk-update-icon-cache %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor &>/dev/null || :
fi

%posttrans
gtk-update-icon-cache %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor &>/dev/null || :

%files
/opt/bitwig-studio
/usr/local/bin/bitwig-studio
/usr/local/share/applications/bitwig-studio.desktop
/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/bitwig-studio.png
/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/bitwig-studio.svg
/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/mimetypes/application-bitwig-clip.svg
/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/mimetypes/application-bitwig-preset.svg
/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/mimetypes/application-bitwig-project.svg
/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/mimetypes/application-bitwig-device.svg
/usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/mimetypes/application-bitwig-project-folder.svg
/usr/local/share/mime/packages/bitwig-studio.xml

%changelog
* Tue Oct 14 2014 Renich Bon Ciric <renich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 1.0.15-1
- updated to 1.0.15
- updated source url

* Tue Sep 16 2014 Renich Bon Ciric <renich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.0.14-1
- updated to 1.0.14

* Sat Sep 13 2014 Renich Bon Ciric <renich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.0.13-2
- updated to 1.0.13
- moved all files to /usr/local

* Thu Apr 10 2014 Renich Bon Ciric <renich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.0.6-1
- Updated to version 1.0.6

* Wed Apr 02 2014 Renich Bon Ciric - 1.0.5-1
- Updated to version 1.0.5

* Tue Apr 01 2014 Renich Bon Ciric <renich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 1.0.4-1
- First packaging