Re: [opensuse-buildservice] resolving pkgconfig dependency fails
Am 29.10.2014 um 21:56 schrieb Olaf Hering:

After adding a patch to handle Provides/Requires: pkgconfig to the
SLE_11 rpm package in the packman buildservice many packages entered the
unresolvable state. Its not obvious why that happens.

First I created a long list of "Substitute: pkgconfig(x) libx-devel=" to
the prjconfig. Using such 'BuildRequires: pkgconfig(x)' in a spec file
substitutes the pkgconfig() properly.

But if a package gets a new 'Requires: pkgconfig(x)' it is not handled
properly by the solver.

MPlayer for example:
SLE_11 x86_64 unresolvable: nothing provides pkgconfig(x11)
needed by libvdpau-devel
nothing provides pkgconfig(libcrypto) needed by librtmp-devel
nothing provides pkgconfig(libssl) needed by librtmp-devel

The new librtmp-devel has:
binaries.SLE_11/librtmp-devel-2.4.git20131007-2.2.x86_64.rpm
requires:
pkgconfig(libcrypto)
pkgconfig(libssl)
provides:
pkgconfig(librtmp) = v2.4

And the prjconf has:
%if 0%{?suse_version} == 1110
Substitute: pkgconfig(libssl) libopenssl-devel=
%endif

So I would think that something should resolve "pkgconfig(libssl)" back to
libopenssl-devel when processing the BuildRequires for MPlayer. Why is that
not
working for the SLE_11 repo? It appears to work for the openSUSE_11.4 repo.

The substitutes mean to rewrite buildrequires not requires of
buildrequires. It would also substitute the pkgconfig if it was written
explicit in librtmp.spec, but not if it's generated. and openSUSE_11.4
of course works because there is a package providing pkgconfig(libssl)

So to fix that you need more than substitutes, e.g. a stupid meta
package that provides pkgconfig(libssl) and requires libopenssl-devel.
At least as far as my understanding of subsitutes go.

Greetings, Stephan