Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Use docker, GCE or amazon for build workers?
On Donnerstag, 23. Oktober 2014, 22:50:14 wrote Konstantin Rudenkov:
Adrian, Thank you. I understand perl code very badly. Where can I find
documentation of api bs_worker, how it starts/stops VM, how it gets
the result back.

It is bash code mostly in

https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build

check the build-vm-ec2 and -openstack files in first place.

I couldn't find the solution in the official documentation, or
probably couldn't find the way.

right, it works not good enough to my opinion that it is worth
to be documented right now.

The EC2 approach most likely will never work good engough, because
amazon is putting you a penalty time on starting/stopping VMs quite
fast. And that one makes building way too slow.

The openstack approach is 90% finished, but at that point of time,
when I wrote it (1-2 years ago) the openstack cloud was to unstable
and did even destroy itself when using it. I am sure openstack is
in a much better state today, but I have not touch the code since
then yet.
You need still to set some environment variables (check the
vm_verify_options_openstack() in build-vm-openstack) to get it
working.
However, all pieces of that code worked once at least. But it
did bring the entire cloud down at that point of time :)

best regards
Konstantin Rudenkov