Re: [opensuse-buildservice] slightly confused
On Donnerstag, 9. Oktober 2014, 22:29:20 wrote Hans Witvliet:
Hi list,

Please bear with me if asking newby questions.

I've been using the results of the OBS for many years, but i founf
myself needing some packages that were not updated for quite some time.

Easiest way might be pinging on factory list, but I presume
doing-it-yourself might be considered a better option. I don't have the
impression anyone else might benefit from it, but when succeeding i will
learn a lot.

My first attempt was branching off an existing (and known working)
package.
To be able to build locally i needed libpcsc-devel, so i branched
security:/chipcard/pcsc-lite.
I defined build-targets OS12.2, OS12.3, OS13.1 OS_factory and SLES11SP3,
which all do exists.
How come that SLES11SP3 failed with "unresolvable" ?
I thought i branched off a working config?

Same happens with openvpn (branched from network:/vpn/ )

One might think that "some people" might not be allowed to build for
sles, but when i branche off security:/chipcard/opensc the build works
OK, also for SLES.

So before doing something useful, THE OBS got me puzzling here already.

Any enlightments?

Any pointer to your project?

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5