Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: how to embed BS-generated ISOs within other BS-generated kiwi images
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 21:41:51 +0100
Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Matwey V. Kornilov <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I asked similar question, not tried yet though:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2014-09/msg00000.html

Oh wow, fantastic - thanks! And a google hunt for "kiwi_post_run"
eventually led me to where the hook is executed:

https://github.com/openSUSE/obs-build/blob/master/build-recipe-kiwi#L461
/usr/lib/build/build-recipe-kiwi

It also led me to this:

https://github.com/bgeuken/containment-rpm

which is a perfect starting point for building my own hook.

But now I remember, I've already been told in the past that the Studio
guys already use this trick for their containment rpms - I had totally
forgotten that :-) My IRC logs show this:

2013-01-10 19:12:04 <jamestyj> aspiers: I added some background text to
https://github.com/SUSE/studio/wiki/Containment-guidelines, hope it helps

BTW, that wiki page has a bunch of broken links to URLs beginning:

https://github.com/openSUSE/containment-rpm

but I can only see the following repos in the github network:

https://github.com/bgeuken/containment-rpm
https://github.com/jamestyj/containment-rpm

Was that unfinished business? Should we fork or even move one of
these into the openSUSE organization?

Noone replied to this, so I just forked it to openSUSE to fix the
links, since it seems pretty clear that was the original intention.