Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Help wanted with osc commands
  • From: 686f6c6d <686f6c6d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:31:07 +0200
On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:58 AM, <doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
What osc commands are needed to do the following steps:

1. osc command to change directory to home:doiggl > kernel-vanilla
package created , no files in it yet.
# osc ls home:doiggl kernel-vanilla
#

I'm not sure I understand, but you probably want
cd home:doiggl/kernel-vanilla

You'll notice this is not an osc command, because you're not working
on the local package copy of the package (which is the job of osc) but
just navigating the local filesystem.

2. osc command to add and commit the following files to home:doiggl >
kernel-vanilla

--Thanks Glenn

345 Apr 1 2009 README.KSYMS
[schnap]
43 Oct 7 2010 zreiser4parameters.txt

Reason: it has some customised patches in patches.rpmify.tar.bz2
- 3.15.1-reiser4-basic-discard-support.patch
- reiser4-for-3.15.1.patch shown with a * next to name.

You probably need
osc add *
osc commit

…although if you have branched the package, most should already be
under osc's control, you can check with "osc status". The "osc add"
will do no harm in this case, though.

See also (the results of a quick google for "opensuse osc tutorial"):
- the output of "osc help",
- https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OSC#Usage_examples,
- https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tutorial,
-
http://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-best-practices/cha.obs.best-practices.oscexamples.html
-
https://www.philipp-wagner.com/blog/2012/06/contribute-to-opensuse-update-a-package/

--
Kind regards
Christopher 'm4z' Holm / 686f6c6d

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense
and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is
beautiful and his children smart." --H. L. Mencken