Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Builds not completing
  • From: "Smith, Kenneth" <ksmith15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 10:11:08 -0700
Ah! Thanks. Deleting the jobs did the trick.

On 14 August 2014 01:53, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 11:23:11AM -0700, Smith, Kenneth wrote:
Hello again! Been away for a while. We moved to a new facility and
changed much of our network around, and as a result rebuilt our obs
private installation anew and fresh from the 2.5.4-Build1.4
appliances.

I now have an issue with builds not completing. We have eight workers
happily busy building packages but getting nowhere with them.

Contents of Build Log:
connect to obsmaster:5352: No route to host

It should be trying to connect to obsmaster-int here, not obsmaster.

Some network details: Our OBS server is using two NICs to access two
subnets: one is called obsmaster on the .4 subnet and the other is
obsmaster-int on the .1 subnet. We are reserving the .1 for servers
and using .4 for the "public" interface.

OBS Server:/usr/lib/obs/BSConfig.pm:
reposerver = obsmaster:5252
srcserver = obsmaster:5352
workerreposerver = obsmaster-int:5252
workersrcserver = obsmaster-int:5352

OBS Worker:/etc/sysconfig/obs-server:
OBS_REPO_SERVER = obsmaster-int:5252
OBS_SRC_SERVER = obsmaster-int:5352

The workers talk to obsmaster-int okay, but somewhere along the line
presumably the server is telling them to talk over the public subnet,
to which they have no route.

Is there some configuration detail I am missing, or else some hack to
make this work?

The workers use the data from contained in the jobs created by the
scheduler. So do the jobs in /srv/obs/jobs/<arch> contain the correct
hosts?

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg

Kind Regards

Kenneth F. Smith

-------------------
Infotainment Engineer
Jaguar Land Rover
Open Source Technology Center, 1419 Northwest 14th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209

Email: ksmith15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PGP: RSA 2048/2048 979C6B958B89909D
-------------------

Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose. The information is private and
privileged and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail
us immediately. We apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution or the
taking of any action in reliance on the information contained herein
is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.