[opensuse-buildservice] Re: OBS statistics
On Thu 03 Jul 2014 05:52:59 PM CDT, Alberto Planas Dominguez wrote:

Hi,

recently there where a new request to provide downloads statistics
into OBS. There is also a openFATE request open since some time ago
[1].

The problem here is that OBS do not know the number of downloads,
because this information is outside this service: it is in the Apache
logs.

To provide a solution I created some script that use BerkeleyDB, Redis
and Flask to deploy an API to request those numbers [2]. There is
some documentation about how to deploy and use the API [3].

In this version we can get information of the number of hits and
visits in packages, arch, project, repositories and time periods
(day / week / month). For example:

/hits/day/20140215

will provide the # of hits for this day in OBS, and

/visits/week/201406/science/openSUSE_12.3/x86_64/EMBOSS-6.4.0-7.1.x86_64.rpm

will provide the # of different IPs for this specific package during
the 6th week of 2014.

I am asking for some resources before I can really deploy the
application. If this happens, I will prepare everything and
communicate this in this list again.

The missing part is still write the number of visits and hits into the
OBS web interface. I am not sure that I can do this, so I will ask for
help here.

[1] https://features.opensuse.org/306193
[2] https://github.com/aplanas/obstats
[3] https://github.com/aplanas/obstats/blob/master/README.md

Hi
Just a couple of observations;
- But what about folks that use osc to search and grab binaries and
don't hit the web side?
- I use SUSE Manager so I download once and deploy to my systems, in my
case it's only 4, but others could be deploying hundreds....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (x86_64) 3.10.1 Kernel 3.11.10-17-desktop