[opensuse-buildservice] Error building lxc for Fedora on the OBS
  • From: Johannes Kastl <mail@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:37:01 +0200

Evening everybody,

I hope this is the right mailinglist, apologies if it aint.

I am trying to build lxc, using the upstream spec file, on the OBS. I
succeeded in adjusting it for openSUSE-related stuff, so it builds fine.

Nevertheless, I get errors when building for Fedora:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log/home:ojkastl_buildservice:LXC/lxc-vanilla/Fedora_19/x86_64

During

the %install there is a mkdir command, that does not use the
buildroot, and therefore exits due to missing permissions:

[ 211s] Making install in templates [ 211s] make[2]: Entering
directory `/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/lxc-1.0.4/config/templates'
[ 211s] make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/lxc-1.0.4/config/templates' [ 211s]
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'. [ 211s]
/bin/mkdir -p '/usr/share/lxc/config' [ 211s] /bin/mkdir: cannot
create directory '/usr/share/lxc': Permission denied

As this only happens on Fedora 19 and 20, I am puzzled. The same spec
builds fine for openSUSE.

I asked on the lxc-devel mailinglist, but without a solution. Building
with the original spec on Fedora seems to work fine, so it's a puzzle
(at least to me) why the install part should be suddenly not using the
build root...

Any hints? Tricks? Where to start solving the mystery?

Regards,
Johannes
- --
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's Cup,
France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go
to war. (aus alt.jokes)