Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ARM workers
On 04/06/14 20:01, Guillaume Gardet wrote:
Hi,

Le 04/06/2014 20:12, Matwey V. Kornilov a écrit :
Hi,

I need a couple of ARM (armv7) workers for my private OBS instance. But
I don't have (yet) hardware for it.

What would you recommend? Just use qemu emulation, or It would be better
to buy some specific eval-board, proven to work correctly?

Qemu emulation is slow but it is easy to get (more or less) old x86_64
servers for a low price. With Qemu you may hit some unimplemented emulation
exceptions.
So, I would recommend to use native ARM workers, if you can get some ARM
boards.

We (Mer and Jolla) build everything for all our arm devices on the OBS without
using native ARM workers. That's building the complete OS.

The approach we use is scratchbox2 based builds which transparently
cross-compiles and then supports emulation of any intermediate build binaries.

The benefits include that it scales up well (and cheaply) and you have a single
worker pool.

David

https://build.merproject.org/project/monitor/mer-core:armv7hl:devel

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."