Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ARM workers
  • From: Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 21:01:55 +0200
Hi,

Le 04/06/2014 20:12, Matwey V. Kornilov a écrit :
Hi,

I need a couple of ARM (armv7) workers for my private OBS instance. But
I don't have (yet) hardware for it.

What would you recommend? Just use qemu emulation, or It would be better
to buy some specific eval-board, proven to work correctly?

Qemu emulation is slow but it is easy to get (more or less) old x86_64 servers
for a low price. With Qemu you may hit some unimplemented emulation exceptions.
So, I would recommend to use native ARM workers, if you can get some ARM boards.

I use/used on my private OBS and on packman :
* arndale board : https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Arndale
* Pandaboard : http://en.opensuse.org/HCL:PandaBoard
* BeagleBoard xM : http://en.opensuse.org/HCL:BeagleBoard-xM

And I will try Sabre Lite : https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:SABRE_Lite which should
be a good worker with a quad core. :)

Any ARM board supported by openSUSE should be fine. (It is a good stability
test. ;) ).

If you need help to get workers working and/or if you want to give some ARM
build power to packman, ping me. ;)

Guillaume