Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RTFM? How to move packages between subprojects?
  • From: Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 19:45:03 +0300
yes, a submit request can be used ; you can also $(mount -t ramfs -o
size=20m ramfs /mnt/ram ; mv file /mnt/ram/file ; reboot) instead of
$(rm file) ;)

The submit request need to be accepted after that, which makes it more
complex. I've locally some scripts that can move all packages from one
project/subproj to another proj or subproj (even on a private
instance) as I've not seen a better alternative.

A renaming feature including move option (see my last mail) would
really add some value :)

Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm@xxxxxxxxx> Tue, 27 May 2014 19:26:19 +0300:

+1 especially that would be nice in the webui, if you could move it
inside home:myproj like in github.
like: https://help.github.com/articles/moving-a-file-to-a-new-location
where a file should equal to a package on obs.