Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Private Instance + EPEL
On Wed, 21 May 2014 20:10:21 +0200
Rolf Krahl <rolf@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andrew

Am Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014, 11:16:33 schrieb Andrew Melo:

Hello all, I've been using/playing with a private OBS instance for
a bit and I'm really enjoying it. Kudos to the developers!

Agree!

On my private instance, I'd like to build some packages with
BuildRequires that only exist (in Centos/RHEL) in the EPEL
repository. These packages (correctly) error out with
"unresolvable". I've searched the best I can, but I can't seem to
find a way to enable the EPEL repository for the centos build
target. Does anyone have a suggestion for this?

I had the same problem. As far as I know there are no EPEL packages
on OBS to use as build requires.

So here is what I do: I set up my own EPEL subprojects[1]. In these
subprojects:

- I put those EPEL packages that I need for build in my other
projects.
- I upload the original sources from EPEL without any modifications.
- Disable publish. (There is no point in publishing the build
results, users should rather get the original packages directly from
EPEL.)

In my production projects that need the EPEL packages:

- I configure the respective EPEL project as additional path.

This way, my packages in the production projects may use the EPEL
packages for build. They will get linked to the same libraries in the
same version and configuration as the original libs in the
corresponding original EPEL packages. Users of my production
projects will also need to have EPEL configured as install source and
installing my packages will have the original EPEL packages as
dependencies.

[1]: See https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:Rotkraut:EPEL:5
and https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:Rotkraut:EPEL:6

Could you put this info in the OBS wiki pages ? This is very helpful
info.

Thanks,
Peter